Sunday, February 8, 2009

A scary fact which only i understand...

Everyone posted something !! So i must post too.

This is something which i figure out happened to myself in the recent 2 years. It's getting worst and worst but trust me, it's not as serious as you think.

I used to have this " fool " figure in myself. Because of this, people took advantage of me ( a lot ). I remember once when this guy friend of mine lost a set of floppy disk game which belongs to me and my another best friend. My best friend asked him to pay us back, but after some nice and pity talk, he manage to convince me to forget about the whole thing -.-.

Because of some incident which happened 2 years ago, i lost trust in everything that involves money. I stop giving money to beggers , regret it few minutes later. Whenever a friend asked for help, my first respond was " If i can help, i would. But if it involves money, then i can't help ".

An old lady came to my office somewhere end of last year. She asked for donation for her church. I was really busy. I was about to go down to the warehouse for some rushing work. I walked pass her saying " i am sorry " twice. Still she smile at me , hoping i would change my mind. When i finish my work, she wasn't there anymore. I felt really bad.

I know how serious thing was, when a few days before chinese new year, a guy in his mid 50s pushing his motor toward me while i was pumping petrol in the shell station near my house. " Can you help me ? " he said. I was a bit scared thinking back that it might be a con or something. " My motor ran out of petrol, can you pump in some petrol for me to go home ? ", he continued. I said " i can't help you, sorry " right away without thinking the trouble he had gone thru and how those 4 word reply could make his day worst. After finish pumping, i took out 10 dollar, hoping to give it to that guy but someone else had offered to help him. That didn't stop me from feeling terrible for the rest of that day.

My NEW new year resolution. I want to be that fool again. The risk of not helping someone who is in need is to hard to take. Ya, bodolat . . that's the reason why i keep asking you to get the detail for the adopt-a-child thingy u told me the other day. I think that would be a good place to start. I shall think the same way i used to, thinking in the shoe of others :). And i hope you all would too :).


2 comments:

Kc rocK said...

Wow...pocky has the heart of a buddha lolx!!
Im poor can you donate some for me too?? kidding...~

bt honestly its good to know that u'll feel this way. U know it makes us feel better if we are able to help someone. It dun have to involve money, but well...if it really involves money we do wat we can to help .
If cant afford then we'll find some other way to help. Con ppl is everywhr, we cant really be sure who is and who is not lying.

Things will get better, for u dun worry ~ :)

Sylvia said...

ehehe...i've said what i wanted to say in MSN to you last night. ;)

we 4 can do some good things together....charity or anything similar...BUT DON'T GET ME A BABY!!!! Roar~~