Sunday, August 30, 2009

BodoBy is a Perfect Melancholy / Peaceful Phlegmatic

Yes that is what I am.

This is a natural blend...a melancholy + phlegmatic, which both are introverted, pessimistic and soft spoken. I think the quiz we've done is accurate on my emotions, the way i deal with things and my weaknesses. Among all the Bodos, i am the most serious one. xD

And also, maybe that is the reason i rather become a piano teacher instead of an accountant, because the book said this blend of temperament "makes the greatest educators as melancholies' love of study and research is brightened by phlegmatics' ability to get along with people and present material in a pleasant manner".

And besides that, i now understood why my past relationship seem to not work out as my ex couldn't understand me well enough, especially when it comes to my melancholy part, where i have my own ways and thinking - because he himself is a powerful choleric and he always expected me to be the peaceful phlegmatic and follow whatever he thinks, assuming that i will be fine with EVERYTHING. Well, he took this for granted because even peaceful phlegmatic might not say "no"...doesn't mean that they agree with what you say and the fact that i'm a melancholy, i will do as what i think is be. xD

Well, in this post...i rather talk about overcoming the weaknesses because that is more crucial. And...i think my main weakness falls on the melancholy side, not the phlegmatic. I think the phlegmatic actually helps me to overcome with my melancholy's dark side.

Being a melancholy, i often feel down a lot and get easily depressed (same goes for Amos). I get hurt easily and always thinking of the negatives (to the extent i really hate myself...). It's like, just because of a single SMS in the morning, it can already almost spoil my whole day. It's that serious. LOL. But then again, I will always remind myself that we shouldn't let little things or other things to disturb our plans and the other people around us. I would think it's unfair to others and let them see my gloomy face. So, i would often try my best to show that i am happy when i am with others even though i feel really sad and down inside (it could still be very hard to fake my face). I also always remind myself that we are responsible for our own happiness - no one can make us happy besides ourselves. :)

When it comes to being a melancholy, i do sometimes set my standards on everything so high and when it doesn't meet them, i feel very disappointed with the situation and MYSELF. Thinking that i'm not good enough and all the negative thoughts come again. Now i wish i'm not a melancholy. LOL~ Well, got to lower my standards and never think everything should be perfect. We should work the bad things out when it comes...and always think positive...and not fall back because of the bad things. Latest example i would take would be me and Amos. I assumed things will be fine between us and he gave me hope when he was courting me for the past few months, but never expected that he would fall back so far behind after he face depression from work. That left me....being confused and rejected. I only got to blame myself for it...i don't know why (but Estee said it's a girl nature to blame ourselves for something or anything that goes wrong). I know it's no one's fault...but i felt like i couldn't do anything for him and for us.

So, it just goes back to getting back to my ownself as fast as i can...to minimize the hurt i'm causing for both of us. And good thing i have all my Bodos around me so i can have more chance to be happier. :D

Muah muah my bodo families. Love you~ You don't know how much you all mean to me.

1 comment:

Kc rocK said...

awwww we love u too~
anyway everyone faces flaws and not everything can be perfect in life.
bt whenever something happen, well nt juz to see hw we must overcome weakness onli. Another thing is to see how to face the problem and get over with tat problem.
Bad things might happen nt juz to u, to everyone oso :D so wat we can do is to face it, overcome it...learning to accept it and hope for better things to come in future will makes u feel better


Ok! now u see a lame boy can be serious too HAHAHA!!