Monday, January 18, 2010

Gratefulness in 2009


1. What am I thankful and grateful to God in year 2009?

First of all, I'm thankful and grateful to God for always being by my side no matter where and when. He protects me whenever I go to places and He knows everything that I'm doing. (Haha sounds scary) But...that's how much I feel about His presence in my life since not too long ago. I was a Christian since young but I've backslided for many years to a point I don't even feel like a Christian. Having to get close to Him again is a blessing. I feel blessed because:

  • I began to realise that I have such great family & friends who cares and loves me for who I am. My Bodo family, my daddy, my cousins & niece, uncles & aunties, god sisters and friends from primary school until now.
  • I have the courage to shift in my career line from Accounting to Music. I feel I'm so much happier than before as I really enjoy what I'm doing, though the money I earn now is inadequate for me at the moment to survive in the big city. :X
  • I have the courage to move myself from Kuching to KL, despite many uncertainties and emotional breakdowns. I wasn't feeling so well with myself the past many years ago and I questioned myself the purpose of being in this world. I felt really lost at that time.
  • Having Amos to lead me back to church. I've been to a few churches before in Kuching but I never feel comfortable. This is the first time I'm able to open up to a church and the people within it.
  • Most of all, I'm grateful that God is always good to me & others and is like a Shepherd who would leave the group of lamb to look for 1 lamb who got lost. I've sinned a lot in my life and because of God's grace, I am able to repent, let go and look forward to be good by living according to His words in the Bible.


2. How do I rate myself in terms of attitude & character?

Arhh...this one is tough to answer. I would just say 7. The things I'm lacking in my attitude are:

  • I have the high tendency to envy others (-1 point)
  • I have the tendency to take things for granted at times (-1 point)
  • I'm not focused enough at times in my career (-1 point)

3. What do I want to improve in 2010?

  • To be more focused in building my career and in my music education
  • To show more of my love and care to others with a sincere heart
  • To stop envying and comparing with others
  • To not taking things or anyone for granted
  • To seek God more

4. How do we continue loving and caring for each other (Bodo family) in 2010?

  • Meet up once a week to catch up with each other
  • Plan for certain activities together. e.g. Movies, day trip
  • Celebrate our birthdays together
  • Update our blog :P
  • Care about what's happening in each other's life
  • Offer help whenever we can to each other
  • To have our hearts and minds open to one another without skeptic

4 comments:

Kc rocK said...

wow a holy blog tis time :D
we're grateful to have u around too =D

ms.bulat said...

kiss kiss my sylvia chan
i am grateful that God is always by your side and that your guardian angel is not "tao lan" ing! may 2010 be a even more blessed year for you!*

believe in yourself and may we be there for one another in each of our journey *for prawn head ppl like me better if i stick a paper somewhere as reminder-_-!!

for every envy you have of someone. someone out there is envying you back LOL :D

Sylvia said...

casey: ahahaha...holy meh? >.< very general only wor...i didn't quote bible verses some more. LOL.

estee darling: ehehe...yea. i alwez tell pocky i worry when we are all too busy with each other's life then slowly we got not much time for each other. =\ want me help stick papers around your house to remind u? haha. :D ppl envy me? hmm...i wonder what they envy about then.

ms.bulat said...

hohoho. let's msn this :D